Friday, May 21, 2010

Teacher of the year

Here is is: The Teacher of the Year Award. May I never win another. I guess I'm in a glass-half-empty mood right now. This is easily explained. First of all, I was the first honoree (60 sec. of fame) and the ceremony lasted over 2 hours. Secondly, the awards ceremony was held at the OT Cookhouse, the "nicest" restaurant in Taft. (This is nothing to brag about.) The "free" meal, was disappointing. I mean, the traditional cold, dry chicken was served with a sauce that for all the world resembled Campbell's Cream of Chicken Soup but with only half the water added to the can.

I can't complain. I have eaten worse. I've even made worse than that and tried to feed it to my family. But when I dragged my jacket sleeve through the sleezy sauce, it did not make my day. The meal will eventually cost me $12.00 for dry cleaning.

I think the next time someone wants to honor me, I'm going to say, "Nice try, but I'm not up for any more awards. Who's next in line? Make him take it."

No comments: