Here's something I may or may not have told you: when I was a little girl visiting Grandma and Grandpa Bybee (Granny's mother, AKA Gram), I accidentally locked myself in the guest bedroom. Grandpa Bybee had to get his tools out and pry the door knob off to liberate me. I cried all the time he worked because I knew I was in trouble.
I don't know, but I think the locking mechanism was destroyed during the operation. At any rate, a band aide was put across the lock's turny thing that locks the door. I never experimented to see if it worked or not.
Several years later, after Grandpa had died and Granny's divorce was final, we moved in with Gram. The deformed door nob was still there. No one ever tested its working capabilities that I know of.
Last week the door knob to the front door of our apartment failed. Steven advised me to just throw the bolt without engaging the door knob until the management replaced it. So I stuck a band aide on the lock's turny thing so that I wouldn't accidentally forget and lock the door. It works for me.

1 comment:
I believe it is a door knob, not nob.
Post a Comment